How to Get Involved
There is NO COST to participate in 757 Day as a municipality. This holiday is as much for your constituents as it is for all of Hampton Roads. In the spirit of true regionalism, we hope that you will share our enthusiasm and join the celebration in at least one of the following ways:
- Include a 757 Day Proclamation on your city council or board of supervisors agenda; sample text below.
- Join as a supporting municipality; share your proclamation and have your city featured on the 757 Day website.
- Use the #757Day and #hamptonroadsday hashtags in social media.
- Share your locality's contributions to our Iconic Hampton Roads collection.
- Dream up your locality's special way to celebrate being a part of something big, together.
757 Day Proclamation
Whereas [Name of Municipality] is a part of the Hampton Roads region in Coastal Virginia.
Whereas, Hampton Roads is a unique and distinct region made up of 11 neighboring localities spanning over three-thousand square miles of land and water on the eastern coast of Virginia.
Whereas, the area code 757 was established on the first day of the month of July, in the year Nineteen Ninety-Six; and the phrase "The 757" has become synonymous with other prideful monikers for our region, including Coastal Virginia, Tidewater, Hampton Roads; and the use of 757 to represent our region's identity far beyond our municipal borders has instilled pride and a sense of belonging for residents, businesses, and cultural institutions.
Now, therefor, we proclaim that July 1st be hereby recognized as Hampton Roads Day, otherwise known as 757 Day, to share in our mutual recognition and celebration for all the cultural and historical contributions our region has made to the state, the country, and the planet.